Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Perspectives

The company I work for pledged to do 30,000 hours of community service this summer. Yesterday afternoon, I went to the OU's Children's hospital to the "Zone." I was really not looking forward to going. Everyone knows I'm not a huge fan of children. Generally they don't like me and the feeling is mutual. The Zone is an area in the Children's hospital full of games, toys, Sony PlayStations, WII's, pinball machines, air hockey tables and the such. However, hanging out with these kids, who have life threatening illness and injuries that would make a grown man cry, was truly life changing. We played games with these kids, silly games, but they laughed, and screamed when they won and were overwhelmed by the silly prizes we brought them. It was truly rewarding. It really puts a perspective on things in one's life when your healthy and these children who know, many of them that their odds are not good, are playing, and having a good time. I'm so happy I went. Maybe my life isn't as bad as I thought it was.

1 comment:

The Grape Life said...

Love this! and YOU!